An applied psychologist by training, I have been designing and/or evaluating communication technologies for a while. This is a place for reflecting on things I have seen/read/done and further exploring ideas I am pondering. These are musings, not necessarily well worked out theses. As such I reserve the right to completely disagree with myself on a regular basis. My more recent formal publications can be found on my work website. You can find out more about me on my personal website.
- Having fun @ IA Summit in Vancouver. Provocative chats, rousing talks. Many THANKS to the org team for inviting me. iasummit.org 1 day ago
- Paper from a fun project: “an interpretive bricolage”, on Xerox PARC, EuroPARC, social science & ethnomethodology link.springer.com/article/10.100… 2 days ago
- RT @maximolly: Almost here! Our AAAI workshop, Designing the User Experience of Machine Learning Systems mikek-parc.github.io/AAAI-UX-ML/ cc @xeeliz… 2 weeks ago
- Our CACM article is out! "Making the Field of Computing More Inclusive" - Big thx to all co-authors. cacm.acm.org/magazines/2017… 1 month ago
- Let's talk!!!! 1 month ago